The Cochrane Collaboration welcomes comments on Cochrane Reviews and Protocols published in the Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews. Comments may be published within Cochrane Reviews or Protocols (see below).
To submit a comment, please use the ‘Submit Comments’ button (found in Article Tools menu next to every Cochrane Review and Protocol).
Comments should be concise, relevant to the content of the review, and supported by references where necessary. When submitting a Comment you must declare any potential conflicts of interest.
In submitting your Comment, you agree with the following:
1. You grant The Cochrane Collaboration a non-exclusive license to publish the Comment, and to identify you as its author, as part of an amendment or update to a Cochrane Review.
2. John Wiley & Sons, Ltd (‘Wiley’) will not accept Comments that may be libellous, abusive, obscene, in breach of any obligation of privacy or confidentiality, or otherwise unlawful.
3. The Cochrane Collaboration will decide in its sole discretion whether to publish the comment, and may edit the comment for publication.
4. You must have copyright ownership of all material that you submit. Publication of the Comment must not infringe the copyright, trademark, trade secret, right of privacy or publicity, or any other rights of any third party.
5. You take responsibility for submissions under your identification and use the information provided here at your own risk. The Cochrane Collaboration and Wiley will not be liable for the content of Comments.
6. Neither The Cochrane Collaboration nor Wiley can reply to requests for clinical or personal advice.
What happens to your Comment?
Your comment will be reviewed by Wiley within the next two working days. If the comment meets the requirements as set out above, Wiley will pass the comment to the Cochrane Review Group responsible for the Cochrane Review or Protocol that you commented on. All Groups have a Feedback Editor, whose will assess your comment and work with the authors and the Group’s editorial team to decide the most appropriate response. A member of that editorial team will review your Comment and will contact you to acknowledge receipt and to let you know their response. The Group may publish your Comment as part of the review. The Group may also seek, and publish, a response from the review authors. The Cochrane Review or Protocol may be amended to reflect your comments, or your comments may have an impact on the next update.
If you have any concerns about the progress or handling of your comment, please contact the Cochrane Review Group directly. If you are not satisfied with the Cochrane Review Group’s handling of the matter, you can contact the Editor in Chief.